Friday, July 25, 2008

It's Been A Long Time!

I can not believe that July is almost over and so are my holidays! Quite the holidays - all work and no play. Haying season, Phillip coming from the Island to do a big siding job for us, shipping week and the prep for shipping (with no staff) and sick husband and daughter have conspired against me to prevent even one ounce of fun this month! I had three weeks off from the Inn, which I fully inteneded on spending on myself ... scrapbooking, scrapbooking and more scrapbooking and Poof! they are gone and I didn't get to play at all. Even my friends went scramping this year without me! It was the middle of shipping week and I could not go, I went out for coffee one night and that was all.
The big news this month - Andrew quit his job at Higginbotham's feedlot and is buying our roofing company. He has been on the job for about a week, finishing up a job for us before launching out on his own. Megan has been in the hospital for five days with infections. Mike got a new red wheelchair. I have had to do all of my own gardening, as Marie and Wendy could not work in July...I am finding out what a BIG yard that I have!
I spent yesterday baking, just for old times sake. I miss the life that I had before the Inn and Monday Night Class sometimes. I forgot just how much fun it was to play in the kitchen and bake up some goodies. I sorted through some old recipes and cleaned out some cupboards and felt much better at the end of the day. I have been pretty grouchy - it's not Mike's fault that I have been so busy and he has been struggling to complete haying with only one leg. I have not been very happy, with the thoughts of missing out on scrapbooking for my own pleasure and I think that I have been sort of blaming him. When it is totally me that has made life so hectic.
Another good thing - Phillip helped me plant the rest of the spruce trees and bring home my plant stand from the farm (Dad made it for me). It rained again, so everything is looking green and lush and my house is clean - or rather, it was when I left for the Inn today. Life will get better and someday I will scrap again

No comments: