Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My New BFF


Okay, this is my shout out for the week – hooray for Tide Stain release!!!! I love cleaning products…what can I say? I am a self professed OCD cleaner. This week, this little orange plastic container came to my rescue in a big way!!
To start off, I should let you know that I have to buy cleaning products when I go grocery shopping – even if I don’t need them at all. I believe that someday, there is going to be a war or a food /cleaning product shortage or a world crisis and I will not be able to get the cleaning products that I need. Your laughing at me right now I can tell! Well, I am sure that if there were a world crisis, cleaning might not be on the forefront of my concerns, but I have the food crisis covered (I am also a food collector) so my issue is that there will not be enough Mister Clean, Tide, Fantastic or Windex around for everyone. So my story starts in the grocery store, where lo and behold, a new cleaning product that I have not tested was on the shelves. So I bought some – Tide Stain Release.
This took place just before our black water woes in May. When the water was clean enough to do laundry (or so I thought) I ran a few loads of dark clothes through before I put a load of light colored sheets and towels in. They started out cream colored and ended up BLACK!!!! I ruined them all. So I went and bought another set of sheets and new ivory towels. I thought that the old towels might make good dog bathing towels and so I didn’t even try to save them. A week later, after the arrival of the Tide Stain Release, I tried it out on my black towels – which instantly became their rightful color. I was so excited!!!
Then more recently, Mike took me on a clothes shopping spree at Macy’s one day sale when we were in Couer d’Alene. In all of the piles of clothes I had on the counter, the sales clerk forgot to remove one of the dye buttons off of a really nice blouse. When I got home and discovered it, I had no way of getting it off without a dye explosion. It’s not like I could take it into a store and ask someone to remove the button – they would think that I had stolen it. So I asked Mike to remove it for me. Not on my veranda. Not while he was wearing anything good. If it wrecked the blouse, then I guess it had to be. Did he listen to me? No.
Mike pried the button off, on the veranda, wearing his best pair of jeans and POOF!!! It exploded. The blouse was ruined. The deck was covered and so was most of what he was wearing. I thought about throwing it away and then I remembered my earlier success with my new best buddy. Tide Stain Release not only removed all of the dye from the shirt, I watered it down and cleaned the dye off of my new Trex veranda. I am in love!!!!
So, here is my testimonial – buy some Tide Stain release and let your husband do whatever he wants – he is going to anyway!!!!

1 comment:

Shannon Tompkins said...

I have to agree. I love this stuff. Takes grease spots out of shirts I thought were ruined or that I'd have to take to the dry cleaners. I've been using the ones that are in packs not the powder and I just throw a pack into the front load washer and get clean clothes. I've also found that the baby oxi brand removers more clothes spots that the regular oxi brand. Don't even buy the regular one anymore just the baby as it works better, I even converted my Mom. Now to find a magic product (other than a vaccumm) that is magnet on pet hair!