Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Cutest Pumpkin In The Patch

Isn't this the cutest little pumpkin that you ever saw? Megan finally relented and let me post a photo of Peyton on my blog. We had a heck of a time getting Peyton to cooperate with our photo shoot - first she did not like the bright sunlight and then she was much more interested in following the traffic on the highway than looking at the camera. Most of the shots that I got were of the side of her head. She isn't really sitting up by herself, so we had to wedge pumpkins around her so that she would not fall over. Peyton also didn't like the poky straw bale, so we had to camouflage a blanket under her to keep her from lifting her chubby little legs and squealing at the top of her lungs.
Creston was perfect at Thanksgiving time, the leaves were just starting to turn and the weather was gorgeous! It was really too bad that Peyton did not like to be out in the sunshine, so I had to buy 20 pumpkins and bring them home so that we could stage a photo shoot and get her in her Halloween costume instead. Okay, so I didn't have to buy 20 pumpkins, but I wanted to buy them...so I did. The lady at the fruit stand was shocked, I guess no one had ever asked her for a price reduction if they took a truck load! I scattereed them all over the farm, but right after we got back it froze fairly hard, so all of my pretty sunflowers died and the pumpkins are starting to look a little "soft". We have had such a nice Indian Summer. I am going to have to get one of those kits and do it up with all of my fall photos!

No comments: