Tuesday, August 21, 2012

If I just randomly looked at these photos, I am not sure that I could find a connection between them! The photos seem totally unrelated, and I have to admit that it was a totally random weekend. Some friends and I started out with High Tea in Waterton at the Prince of Wales Hotel and ended up skinny dipping in the creek at our summer pasture on a perfectly delicious summer day...no where to be, no deadlines to meet, nothing to do but enjoy summer at its best. I jokingly called it "high tea to hillbilly"! We dressed up for the tea and then left our fancy dresses hanging in the bushes along the creek, while we enjoyed the cool water and some cool beverages. What a wonderful, lazy and most perfect afternoon. Over the weekend, we did yoga on the veranda in the cool of the morning, (thanks to Lynn, the yoga instructor from Monster Fitness), found out how uncoordinated we could be a Zumba class one afternoon and ate WAY too much food, laughed until our sides hurt and actually did a little scrapbooking just to make it justifiable. After the bathroom renovation ate up a chunk of my summer vacation, haying season bit up another huge chunk and the hail storm completely finished my vacation off, this was certainly the highlight of my summer! A couple of days of down time was just what was needed! Thank goodness that the girls were good sports about the Zumba class. (I didn't tell them where we were going) and I took a little teasing about me being in an exercise class. Me! Can you believe that? The one that claims that if I am running, it is because something scary is chasing me. I certainly did not think that I would ever enjoy going to the gym, but I have to say that I love this dance class. We had a really good workout, and then went to the lounge for a cool one - probably undoing all of the burnt off calories, but having a blast! For the record, Megan did work up a good sweat and found out that it isn't as easy as it looks. My list of favourite things about the weekend would look like this: * Myra's salmon and couscous supper * cold Corona and Pink Palos in frosty glasses * the look of horror on the other Zumba class participants when they saw Tracey taking photos * yoga in the still of the morning * the fresh veggies that Donna brought from the greenhouses in Medicine Hat * watching Jackie trying to get back in the creek and into formation before the timer on the camera went off * the hysterical laughter when we were taking turns putting our clothes in the bushes * how funny everyone thought it was that we have a road named "Spread Eagle Road" in our area. (They made me stop so that they could take photos) * the beautiful dishes that Myra brought for me (I really did not have a hand in that one, believe me or not) * time well wasted, with the best of friends Maybe the summer of 2012 was not such a disaster after all!!!

No comments: