Monday, October 8, 2012

FINALLY!!! Just before the snow started falling, my water lily finally bloomed. If it would have taken a few more days to open the blossom, it would have frozen in the pond without sharing its beauty. I am still wandering around with my camera, as I am now on Day # 7 of my imposed scrapbooking layoff. My doctor and massage therapist have asked me not to sit at my scrapbook table until my neck has healed. It seems like forever!!! I don't think I have ever been without my paper cutter and adhesive for this long. Of course, everywhere I look I seem to be inspired by something that makes me want to sit down and scrapbook, and I can't. I have taken this time to photo document some of my surroundings and some everyday occurrences, getting myself into the habit of grabbing the camera, on a daily basis, as I am thinking about joining my friends with Project Life, starting 2013. I was a little concerned that the amount of work that Project Life demands would eat up my available scrapbook time and I was not willing to impact my regular scrapbooking in a negative way to be able to invest in this project. After talking to my girlfriends who have now participated in Project Life for one year, they assured me that I would not have to sacrifice one for the other. So, for now, I am trying to cultivate the habit of looking for the little things in life that make each day special. The beauty of the water lily caught my eye, as it was indeed a gift on that day. The snow came right on its heels and if not for that mid afternoon break that had me wandering around the garden, I would have missed it. One last burst of colour, before the plants turned black and died, frozen the very next day. Another season over, the blanket of snow reminding us all that very soon we will be nestled in our houses, wood fires burning, bread baking in the oven and hopefully a healed neck so that I can get to scrapbooking all of the wonderful memories of the summer and fall!

1 comment:

Shannon Tompkins said...

Cindy,
Hope to stop and see you this weekend but depends on this baby who appears very very comfortable in the womb. Keep resting that shoulder they will get better. Shannon Tompkins