Monday, April 18, 2011

The Baby is Here! The Baby is Here!

Finally, after three days of labor, Megan and Murray are proud parents of the most ADORABLE little baby girl that I have even seen. And I am not saying that just because I am the Grandma - she is seriously the cutest little thing I have ever seen. Peyton Elizabeth was born Friday morning at 10:33 am and weighed 7 lbs 2oz. She was seriously the most alert baby I have ever met - checking out the room, checking out the people that were holding her, sticking out her tongue and sucking on her hand - for just about her whole birthday. Since then, all she has done is sleep - she does not want to play anymore!! Except between the hours of midnight and 6:00am. Megan is looking a little frazzled, with the lack of sleep. Everyone is doing fine and my camera chip is filling up at an alarming rate. I would love to post a photo, but Megan would kill me! No baby on the Internet, I have been warned! I guess I have to obey - she might not let me hold her!

3 comments:

Shannon Tompkins said...

Congratulations! Glad to hear the new baby is here, safe and sound. I am excited for you as a new Grandma. Congrats to Megan and Murray as well.

Purple Gherkin said...

Congratulations, grandma! Looking forward to seeing you soon! Danielle

Karen said...

Congratulations!!!! I was having lunch with Linda today and was wondering out loud if you were a Grandma yet. That is going to be one lucky (and photographed) baby girl :)

Enjoy,
Karen Berube