Tuesday, November 13, 2012

This is how my weekend went down...snow, snow and more snow. Poor little Rusty! He got buried alive in the heavy snow that we received over the weekend. Jackie couldn't resist setting up a little photo shoot to capture the weather. Last winter, we had relatively little snow and the girls and I had no trouble getting into the workshop, but I have a feeling that this winter is going to be a bit different than last! Mike is out plowing snow off the road so that we can get into work today, and I have been busy this morning cleaning the porch and floors in the house, that are covered with a host of boots, coats and mittens. I tried to swing a "snow day" today and phoned the girls to see if they really wanted to come to work, or if there was nothing pressing, could we just cancel the day due to lack of interest. It sucks to have responsible staff!!!! They decided that we really did need to work, so we are just waiting for the road to be opened. I might just pull the "boss" card and not go over. I am really trying to get this house in order. We had out of town guests for seven days and I am feeling like I need to set things straight today, to be able to get on with this week's scrapbooking work. This weekend, one of our guests from Vancouver Island (an old school friend of Mike's) had a camera lens that I would kill for! He paid over $3000.00 for the lens and I sure wished that I could have played around with it a little more. It was massive and heavy and ohhhh so lovely!! Mike, Allan and Dario spent the week driving around and taking photos, you could see the frost on the noses of the deer, one or two fields away with this lens! I want one. I want one so bad!!! So, today as I am putting away all of the stuff that the guys left laying around, cleaning floors and doing laundry, I am dreaming of warm weather and camera lenses. One day, one day, I am going to get me one of those!

No comments: