Sunday, October 16, 2016

A Week On The Farm







   This has been a super, crazy week - even for me!! Someone should invent an electric shock collar or wrist band that I could wear, to keep myself from making bad decisions!!

   And I should be wearing it the entire time that my family is in Creston, looking at the beautiful displays of fresh veggies and fruit. If I made a move to pick up a case of pears - BUZZZZZ! Oh, look at the cheap tomatoes, I  could make salsa! - BUZZZZZ! BUZZZZZ! BUZZZZZ!

     Not enough of a shock to set me on my ass, just a hard enough tingle that I might rethink my decision to buy a truck load of extra work for myself! The only bad thing about it might be the fact that my husband would be the one in control of it and that would not be a good thing!

     No more chickens! BUZZZZZ!! BUZZZZZ!

     No, you do not need more scrapbooking supplies! BUZZZZZ! BUZZZZZ!

     I want supper! BUZZZZZ! BUZZZZZ! BUZZZZZZ!

     I can see how this could be used for evil instead of good! So maybe I will have to figure out a way to control my impulse to overextend myself. This week was all about canning and preparing food for the freezer - 50 jars of salsa, 12 quarts of pickled beets, 20 pounds green peppers, 25 pounds of apples made into fruit leather.

     I am very tired. Very tired....

     Oh, and by the way, 12 new laying hens arrive next Saturday! BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!
   

 

No comments: