Sunday, June 14, 2009

Just Me and My Friend



I had to take a photo of this just to prove to everyone that my dog is OCD just like me! Muppy loves to lay on the back of the leather loveseat and look out the window. He DOES NOT like to go outside - definitely a "house" dog. He sits there for hours and hours and watches the birds in the yard, the cats on the deck and all of the trucks that come and go from our yard.

Recently, Megan bought Muppy a chew toy, a little stuffed dog with bright red ears and tail. Muppy has to have the little dog where ever he goes. The first time that I saw him moving the chew toy around on the back of the loveseat, I did not think anything of it. I thought he was just playing around with it. About a week later, as I was scrapbooking ( my work table is in the livingroom) I noticed him fussing around with the toy, but this time it looked to me that he had a purpose in what he was doing. I kept scrapbooking, with one eye on the dog. Muppy was manipulating the toy and turning it this way and that, until the little dog was looking out of the window and then he laid down and rested. I could not believe my eyes!!!!

When I told Mike, he would not believe me and told me that I had been sniffing crack. The next day, Muppy did the same thing - but this time I grabbed my camera! It takes him about five minutes to get the toy facing out the window, then he will lay down and relax and the two dogs sit there and watch the great outdoors. Muppy was looking outside, just before he heard me coming with the camera and stood up or I would have been able to get the perfect shot of the two of them. I am going to keep trying to catch him in the act. What a stupid dog!!

No comments: