Friday, June 19, 2009

New French Doors!


Yahoo!! New French doors into the workshop have been installed, and are they ever a time saver. That is the one nice thing that has happened around here lately, everything else SUCKS!!!
I hate electricians (sorry if anyone takes offense to that) but they are the worst set of contractors that we have had on this project, to date. First, they came without warning and because I was not working in the workshop that day, they proceeded to work, without moving, covering or in any way attempting to protect all of the paperwork, kits and supplies that were in their path. A half an inch of sawdust on my worktable, with all of my shipping books and files open, all the kits laying there waiting to be invoiced - a huge, huge mess. Then they punched a hole right in the middle of the newly painted ceiling and didn't say a word, until Mike pointed it out and asked them what had happened. Some lame excuse about tapping on the ceiling with their knuckle . What??? A big hole that looks like a hammer hit it. Really??? How stupid do you think we are? Then they took a perfectly painted wall and tore a rip in the drywall about four inches long - didn't say a word, until we asked about that. The best one though happened when I was cleaning up all of the mess the next day and noticed that a wooden chair was "under" my 8 foot shipping table. Odd. When I went to remove it, I found that the table was being supported by the chair because the legs on the table were broken. Instead of using the ladders, they had tried to stand on my table to put in a light fixture. What a pain in the ass, four steps ahead, three steps back - every day! I hate electricians!
We would never get away with leaving a job site in such a state. We clean up every roofing or eaves trough job perfectly before we leave. We were called back once because there were three rubber bands from the coil nailer left up on the roof. That was a little extreme, but you get my drift. I can not believe the outrageous piles of sawdust, cut off wire and junk that they left behind. In a house!!!!! It took me a full day to clean up after one ceiling fan installation and two light fixtures. Not to mention what it is going to take to repaint that section of ceiling and one wall. I took photos (just like the CSI agents) and I am going to deduct some money off the final bill. I never thought that I would become one of those complaining customers, but here I am. My final button has been pressed.
I had one evil thought...the next day that they come here to finish the job, the breaker might just accidentally get turned back on at an inopportune time. Maybe a jolt of 220 running through their bodies would be good payback. Just thinking....

1 comment:

Jennifer Reynard said...

Wowsers, that is totally unacceptable! I don't believe that is the norm either.
I would deduct a huge chunk from their invoice as you have to have all
of those things repaired.
I would be sooo mad at their unprofessionalism (? not sure if that is even a word) and report them
to the business bureau or something.
Actually I wouldn't even pay the bill until they offer to do something about the repairs.
The french doors look great and
I'm sure you are going to be so
relieved when all is done.
Hang in there!
Jennifer Reynard