Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside!


Canadian winters = ice, snow, frozen fingers, mind numbing cold, cars that won't start, liquid things that explode in your vehicle when you forget to take them out, frozen water pipes. Remind me again, why do we live here???? This past week has been a constant reminder that there has to be somewhere in the world where we could be at this time of the year, rather than down here in the frozen south!
The -35 weather has sorely vexed my soul. I hate winter!! I am perfectly content to watch hockey on the tube, love the wood burning stove (my scrapbook table is set up just about on top of it) and I could care less about going outside. I don't enjoy any winter sport - unless drinking hot mulled wine counts for anything, and I would be content to hibernate until spring, if given half the chance. Winter does not even make it into my scrapbooks, unless someone takes photos for me and shares them! So, thanks, Tracey for these wonderful photos.
My Canadian winter pastime is scrap booking - it does not require the likes of gloves, scarves, snow boots, it can easily be accomplished without shoveling or chipping ice, you do not get frozen fingers or toes. Just inky ones!

No comments: