Saturday, February 5, 2011

Piles of Junk!

This is a little glimpse into my life these days.



How can I go from my cleaning frenzy in December - my annual purge of all things unnecessary - to this...in less than 60 days?? Where in the hell did all this stuff come from? Do people drop this crap off when I am not home?





Last night, everywhere I looked, there were piles, virtual piles of overflowing, thorn in my side, crap. It was like I was alright one minute and less than a few seconds later, I was a raving idiot. I guess I just snapped. My living room pushed me over the edge.



Imagine this. West wall. Megan's piano with a few nice decorations on top, appropriate sized painting hanging above... looks pretty good - except: IT IS COVERED WITH 20 OR SO MEDICINE BOTTLES, KLEENEX BOX, TOOTHPICKS (used), TWO SETS OF CRUTCHES, TWO ARTIFICIAL LEGS, ALL THE CLOTHES MIKE HAS WORN IN THE PAST THREE DAYS, COFFEE CUP, THREE DRINKING GLASSES, BOWL FOR CHIPS (empty), TWO STANDS FOR LIMB LINERS, OVERFLOWING GARBAGE CAN, USED KLEENEX ON THE FLOOR, AUTO TRADER MAGAZINE, EMPTY WICKER BASKET WHERE THE MEDICINE BOTTLES SHOULD HAVE BEEN...



North wall. MIKE'S EASY CHAIR, LIFT CHAIR FROM MEDI CHAIR, THAT I HATE. MIKE. NICE SIDE TABLE THAT IS NOW PUSHED OUT OF THE WAY, INTO THE CORNER BECAUSE OF THE LIFT CHAIR THAT I HATE! OVERFLOWING WICKER BASKET OF COOK BOOKS.



East wall. TOTALLY COVERED WITH MY SCRAP BOOKING SUPPLIES. CAN'T EVEN SEE THE FLOOR, BECAUSE I HAVE NOT HAD TIME TO PICK ANYTHING UP SINCE I STARTED MY LATEST PROJECT (scrap booking cruise album). TELEPHONE ON FLOOR, WCB PAPERS ALL OVER THE TOP OF MY SCRAP BOOKING TABLE, FOUR ESTIMATES FOR ROOF PROJECTS THAT ANDREW LEFT BEHIND, PHONE BOOK, AUTO TRADER, PACKAGE OF HALF EATEN CHIPS ON TOP OF THE ESTIMATES, CALCULATOR, UNIDENTIFIED VEST (probably Andrew's), EMPTY POP CAN Note: ANDREW'S FAVORITE BRAND, TWO UNPAID BILLS IDENTIFIED AS ANDREW'S



South Wall: NICE WOODEN CALENDAR ON WALL (still set to January), WELL DECORATED SIDE TABLE THAT IS OVERFLOWING WITH MORE COOK BOOKS, SEARS CATALOGUE, LEATHER SOFA WITH COATS DRAPED ALL OVER IT, COOKBOOKS UNDER IT, OPEN NEWSPAPER, EMPTY POP CAN, DIRTY PLATE WITH A FORK (???)



That was the final straw. I just snapped.



This was just one room. Needless to say, after my melt down and subsequent trip to the bathroom to cry in private, I marched right down there and took the bull by the horns. Mike was already cleaning by the time I finished my outburst. He just knew...



Two hours later, a Corona with a lime to settle my nerves and one very large black garbage bag later, peace is restored.



Tomorrow, watch out spare bedroom!

3 comments:

Shannon Tompkins said...

You kill me! Thanks for my Tuesday afternoon chuckle. You realize this what a lot of the rest of the world's house looks like? At least until every second Tuesday when I tidy like made so that the house uncluttered enough for the housekeeper to come on Wednesday am!

Artytart said...

Oh, Cindy, glad to see that you are human like the rest of us...lol. Your place always seems so spotless when l visit.
Congrats on the clean space and anytime you are desperate to clean more 'junk', please just let me know and my house is alllll yours. Col

Michelle Marie said...

Cindy! I laughed hysterically when I read this!! Too funny on way too many levels. I now truly believe somewhere along the lines you and I were separated at birth! LOL!!