Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Well, I found out this weekend that I officially have no "art talent"! My project for the weekend was to make a vision board for my Ali Edwards "One Little Word" class - sounds rather easy. Not really any special materials needed, except for a vat of Mod Podge and some magazine clippings, yet the scrapbooker in me could not resist pulling a few "embellishments" out of my room and adding a 3-D effect to the canvas. Didn't sound that scary or complicated, however, I did not realize that some Mod Podge experience might be an asset. I didn't factor in that the trial run (when everything seemed to fit) was not a fool proof thing. By wetting the magazine clippings, which were thin to begin with, I turned them into wet tissue paper and they did NOT want to be on that canvas and be part of my project. They kept trying to hitchhike on my hands and elbows, they tore, they turned transparent. They did not COMMIT! OMG!! What a soggy mess!! It resembles something that a kindergartener would make and the worst part is that I have to look at it every day and reflect on my word. Every day. I am going to be reminded, on a daily basis, that I am NOT an artist! I think that I am going to "commit" to sanding it down at the end of the month and paint over it!! I am pretty proud of myself this month - I only have one thing left to cross off my scrapbooking to-do list - just one little photo shoot and I have completed all of the self imposed projects for February. One item I had to reschedule, seeing as I could not find the "ingredients" to make it. I should easily be able to complete the photo shoot this week and then I can start on my March list. I have to say that by putting the projects, in list form, on a monthly chart, I have accomplished sooooo much more than I normally would have. I enjoy lists so much that about a week ago, when I found out that you could belong to a monthly group that receives daily "list" prompts, that you have to complete - I WAS SO EXCITED!!!!! I was so excited in fact, that I went to work and told Andrea that we both were going to do it!! This weekend when we created "junk journals" I already knew what my journal was going to be used for. I am going to turn it into my "list" journal!! I even love the fact that the people, who are part of this daily list group, are called "Listers". I am now a "lister" too. How cool is that? So, although my vision board was a flop, I have a really cool junk journal that is just waiting to be filled with my daily list assignments. Bring on March, I am ready for you!!

No comments: