Saturday, November 5, 2016

This Week On The Farm







It has been a crazy busy week on the farm - I am reminded of squirrels scurrying around, preparing for the cold weather to come. I certainly have felt like a squirrel - I am glad to see the last of the beets in jars! I am about 500% over pickled beets right now. I have had enough!! The garden is empty at last! All of Megan's hall benches are finished for her next painting class and there might even be one extra for me! I am hoping that the 11th person does not show up for the class! We have been working hard this week to finish all outstanding projects... so that we can start new ones next week! LOL

The week started out all frosty and cold and then turned into the nicest of weekends! I am THANKFUL for every single day that the hoses are not frozen, when I go out to do chores in the morning. The nice spell this week allowed me to get the spruce trees watered in for the fall. Then those hoses can be rolled up for the last time. I am glad that the gardening season is over - gardening season is closely followed by craft season.

This week, Mike and I went on a little adventure - to look at a SeaCan that had been customized and made into a chicken house. On Wednesday, we drove to Nobleford to check out the building. Sweet deal!! I ended up buying it and this upcoming week, I get to make the trip with the semi to pick it up.
I sweet talked Andrew in the loan of his truck and trailer. Mike is totally shaking his head.

More chickens."Just what we need!" I hear him saying. In disbelief.

Shock, really.

We have gone from 0 to 40 chickens in three months.

This building will allow me to get another 50.

He is starting to freak out! He thinks I am in full blown mid-life crisis.

I just need 5, 10, 15, 25, 40, 50 more. That is all. I promise will try!

(The building will hold 300). Shhhh, don't tell my husband!

He will stoke out.


No comments: