Friday, March 2, 2012

I Get To Use Pink!!!!


With the birth of Peyton, a whole new colour palette has opened up to me! PINK. I can not honestly recall the last time that I have ever used pink...it ceased to exist to me until April/2011. I could skip that whole isle at the scrapbook store, there was no pink, ruby, peach, or purple in my pages until almost a year ago.
I can not say that I am comfortable with it yet. But sometimes you have to step outside of your box and do something different. When was the last time that I was afraid of a scrapbooking challenge? Well, I hate to admit it, but most times when I sit down at my table, I am scared spitless. LOL. My spellcheck is objecting to my use of "spitless". I guess they don't have many farm girls using that word on their blogs. Too funny! And, I might point out, that by now they should recognize the word scrapbooking as ONE word!!! It is about time!!! There has to be a million girls out there, using that one!
Honestly, with the number of albums that I have completed, one would think that I could just sit down and pull a layout out of my ---. Not so. Almost every time, I sit down with a little apprehension and fear. The pressure is felt very acutely when I have to design a layout for the website. It came so naturally to Christy, it does not to me. I used to tease Christy that she was the "queen of ugly" - just give her the most mismatched, nonsensical assortment of papers and embellishments and she could whip off a beautiful layout. Evidence of that is clear when you see that she is the reigning champ of "Iron Scrapbooker".
I think that a lot of scrapbookers are like me. A little afraid, a little lost, when starting a design. Then, about halfway through, something clicks and you are on a roll. When creating this layout, above, I stared at the Victorian, purple and cream paper for quite a while before I started pleating, punching and inking. I found a few tools when we were moving into my new craft room that had been lost for quite a while. Again, I don't remember how long it has been since I pulled out flower punches, but now that they are hanging on the wall, it so easy to see things that can be put together.
After the initial shock of the pastel colours, I was very happy with the way that the page ended up. The black and white photos look amazing on the first page of Peyton's baby album. It is hard to believe that little stair climbing, into everything monkey is almost one year old! God, am I ever getting old! My goal is to have her book caught up before her first birthday. Only about ten months behind!

No comments: