Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My Bucket List


Okay, one more thing crossed off of my Bucket List - picking cotton! I always wanted to see what a field of cotton looked like and how hard it was on your fingers to pick the seed pods. I might have some pretty weird things on my "to do" list, but that is what makes each person's Bucket List unique and exciting. We all want to do different things - I am pretty sure in all my years of scrapbooking, this one has never been on anyone else's list.
The field of cotton looked exactly how I expected it to - very, very big. If I was faced with the daunting task of working my way up and down those unending rows, I might just have stepped off a cliff and ended the misery! Even on this not-too-warm day, bending over and picking the pods was not an easy task! I wasn't even wearing a long dress that would get caught in the branches, and no overseer with a big whip was urging me on. I just had a shopping bag and an desire to try something new. Needless to say, it didn't take very long before I was bleeding and very glad that this was not my full time job!
After the cotton field, I strolled through a Mexican grocery store. What fun!!!! There were very few words that I could understand in that store, but some of the time I could figure out what I was looking at. I spent a lot of time in the spice section and picked up a few packages of dried chili peppers and some jars of ground spices. These might be a bit of an experiment as some of the jars are in Spanish! I guess that the people at the airport also had a good look at them - all of my grocery bags had been opened and the chili peppers had been removed from the bags, yet nothing was missing. I suppose that they had to be sure that they were safe to enter the country. Now, all I have to do is figure out what to do with them.
Now, on to the next thing on my list - a major league baseball game!

No comments: