Thursday, March 1, 2012

Channeling Spring

I am so ready for spring to come that I can hardly stand it...yes, I am aware that there could be many more weeks of winter weather, but I choose to believe that spring is in the air! Yesterday, I got to drop in on my all time favourite store in the world and pick up a few decorating supplies to make a new table center piece. I got the coolest wrought iron fence (about four inches tall, white washed, and sooooo cute!) I also picked up a few spring birds, some eggs and egg candles! Now all I need is some time to take down the fall decorations! LOL.

While we were at the store, I saw a sign that was very hilarious. It said, "Shopping with your husband is like hunting with the game warden". I nearly peed myself, I was laughing so hard. Isn't that the truth! I considered buying it and putting it in my store, as there are never any husbands that come scrapbook shopping with their wives. Way too true!

However, yesterday, my husband was along with me in my favourite store and he was really good about the purchases that I made. Maybe he is waiting for spring too! It made the trip to Calgary a little more tolerable than I originally thought it would be. What a way to spend a leap year day - going to doctor's appointments. The decorations made the day much more interesting! By far, the coolest thing that I got was a wall decoration made of black iron that has little black clips attached all over it. It looks like an old fashion wrought iron gate and you hang it on the wall and attach your favourite photos and memorabilia with the little clips. It is about four feet tall and can hold LOTS of photos, post cards, thank you cards etc. I can't wait to decorate it up! Mike has it up in his workshop right now, making a copy of it. I can't imagine any scrapbooker that would not love it!!! What a find.

Mike did however, pull the plug on stopping at Williams-Sonoma. He just couldn't take being drug through yet another kitchen store. Usually, he is up for it, but not this time! His leg was killing him after the appointments, so we decided to go home and let him put it up. We have to be back in the city next week for more appointments, so I will hit him up for a Williams-Sonoma pit stop then. These constant doctor's appointments leading up to his surgery are important but very time consuming. Only about a month to go...

No comments: