Monday, January 21, 2013

2013 is going to be the year of technology for me. I am tired of being made fun of, by my daughter and friends for the "slide phone" that I still operate, the fact that I have not mastered my MacBook, etc. etc. I have decided to enter this century and learn a few things, so over the weekend, I got together with some savvy friends and solved a few of my problems. My extreme gratitude to Myra, Jackie,Donna and Corinne for helping me out with my ITUNES issues, showing me how to take a screen shot, helping me to download a collage program, teaching me a few tricks about my MacBook (like you have to update them once in a while, not every three years) and a million other little details that will make my life run smoother (including that sweeeeet chocolate vodka and soda drink). I am gearing up for the arrival of my Project 365 binder and supplies, I should get them in the mail tomorrow. Because it is already a couple of weeks into January, I am feeling slight butterflies of panic starting to set in, as I am a "little" behind. I don't want to start off the whole project being behind, but the colour combination that I picked - Seafoam - was not available until mid January, and I loved it so much that I waited until I could get it. The technology that I spoke of is necessary to the design and completion of my Project 365. I need to be able to shoot, manipulate, size and print my daily photos with ease. Someone told me that I should just get an IPHONE and then I would be able to take pictures where ever I am at whatever time, but they don't understand my total lack of interest about carrying a cell phone. I think I will just take my photos the traditional way and hope for the best. After seeing the photos that Myra has been taking since January 1st, I am thinking that I am going to have to step it up a bit! So, armed with the fact that I have to take a photo a day, I went and purchased Photoshop Elements 11, new printer inks, photo paper and a speaker system for my Mac, so that I can take the online tutorials from Photoshop. I signed up for two online scrapbooking classes and downloaded the "collage" app from Turbo Collage. Now I wait! Tomorrow the big box should arrive and I am a Project Lifer! It feels like Christmas Eve, waiting for that postal delivery! The screen shot above testifies to the fact that it has shipped and should arrive today or tomorrow. I am so excited!!!!!

No comments: