Wednesday, January 2, 2013

One of my New Year's resolutions is to record three "observations"each day - it might be things that I am thankful for, things that I noticed during the course of the day... things that I would otherwise pass by and not give a second thought. Next week, when we are back to prepping kits and shipping, ordering supplies and cleaning (aka. inventory) I might not get a chance to write them down every day, but I have committed to post them eventually, so that they will not be forgotten. So this is what my observations are so far: January 1st - I am thankful for all of the wonderful moose meat in my freezer. I appreciate my husband and our plumber friend, who gave up New Year's Eve Day to put in my new bathroom sink and taps and persevered through a series of unfortunate events! (I am sure that they wanted to give up many times!) I loved the feeling of a clean scrapbook room to start the year off. January 2nd - the smell of drywall mud and fresh paint to start the day (not to mention the coffee that Laressa made when she showed up to work). - the feeling of satisfaction as mouldings and trim started to go back up on the walls in the afternoon. - the contentment of spending the afternoon readings "Duck and Goose" to Peyton and soothing her when she started to get feverish from the shot she got at the health unit this morning. I have to add a fourth observation to the list for today - Peyton said her first swear word and we were all howling with laughter, the kind of laughter that makes tears squeeze out the sides of your eyes and your stomach hurt afterwords. I am sure that someday, this mirth will come back to haunt us, when Peyton says something bad at an inopportune time, but for right now, her innocent little voice saying "holy shit!" at lunch will make me chuckle for a month. Good times! Seriously good times!

No comments: