Thursday, July 2, 2009

If Tomorrow Ever Comes...

I admit I am a serious procrastinator...I have always worked better under pressure and if the pressure is off, well, then I am turned off too. Consequently, I am always running around in a state of panic. Yesterday was a good example:

- Christy drove down from Calgary to get my October calendar page from me, because I had not mailed it to her. I was so busy procrastinating that I was literally finishing it as she was driving into the driveway. I looked all casual when I handed it over, like it had been done for ages, when you could still smell the fumes of Mono Multi wafting off of it. It wasn't even dry! I guess the boss should not be admitting this on a site where all the designers have access, it doesn't look good when "I" miss the deadlines, does it? And, no, Christy will not make house calls to pick up your kits!!!

- The last of the guests left the retreat in the early afternoon, yet at 4:00pm I was just starting cash out, because I really didn't want to look at it - I already knew that I was not going to balance. So I spent the afternoon in the empty workshop, googling a new recipe site that I already knew that I will never cook anything from. But it was fun to kill a couple/three hours in the peace and quiet. Then I realized how late it was and panicked, so I rang off the till, stapled the till tape on the invoices and added a cute little note that said "Sorry Edna, I Can Not Make This Balance" and put it in the box for Edna to deal with. But, I did find a really good sounding recipe for a grilled scrimp and yellow pepper Greek salad! (That I will never make, but I will admire the great photo of the dish)

- As my accountant, Edna, left on Sunday, she made me PROMISE to add up the inventory sheets and balance the insurance account. I did promise (like I had many times before). But how did I know that a lady at the retreat was going to introduce me to the world of digital scrapbooking??? The next three days of the retreat was spent creating a digital 8x8 album for my sister-in-law's memorial service. I was slightly guilty every time that I passed the pile of undone bookwork, but only "slightly". Edna comes again on Sunday to balance everything so I can tell that Saturday night will be an "all- nighter" for me! (At least I know myself)

- In the evening I was too tired to go and weed the garden, which I have been putting off for a couple of weeks now. I had already devised an answer for when one of our farm neighbors asked about the three foot high weeds on the east side of my house. I was going to tell them that it was a test plot for a new type of Round Up and that we had been selected as a test station, but the instructions said that the weeds had to be four feet high. (I thought that would buy me another week!) So I put off weeding the garden, it would be cooler in the morning to do that much weeding, anyway. But this morning I didn't feel like it either, so I slept in a little and then went to town for coffee with Mike. This afternoon, that damn patch of weeds was clearly staring me in the face and it looked like a jungle. Okay, Cindy, you are going to have to deal with it. I did take two, half hearted swipes with the hoe. Then I decided that it would work up much better with softer ground, turned on the sprinkler for a couple hours and then decided that it was too wet. Maybe I should just leave it until tomorrow...

-So here I am, blogging. I could be trying to figure out the cash out problem/problems, so that Edna does not have to try to make sense of it. (Not really interested) I could be adding up the inventory sheets or balance the insurance account. (Boring) I could finish the last few pages of the tribute album and send in the order so that the books will arrive before the memorial service (but I still have a week or so) I could go out in the nice cool calm of the evening and weed that test plot (but I have already had my bath). I should be writing my portion of the MNC newsletter (not inspired) Nope, there is nothing that I want to do tonight.

What would I do tomorrow???

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I LOVE the Round Up idea. I wonder if Grant will fall for it when he comes home???