Sunday, July 26, 2009

Indian Hill







Look at my baby!! Ain't she pretty? This is my workshop, freshly clad in "Country Lane Red" Hardie siding, nine great big windows in the workroom area - three per side. All of it is mine, all mine - 2650 square feet of prime scrapbooking space! (Filled with Monday Night Class supplies).Unfortunately, this photo was taken from the wrong angle, so you can not see Indian Hill, for which she is named, or the beautiful valley that lies to the west. Come and look inside...





Don't laugh, but this is how I have picked the colors for the walls. I choose all of the Bazzil colors of card stock that I like, antique them a little with paint, make my selection and then take the card stock in to the paint shop and have them duplicate the color on their amazing machinery. In this bedroom, I am trying to achieve the look of the sunflowers. So, I started with Cajun on the top of the wall and now I am choosing a color to paint the wainscoting that will be applied to the bottom of the wall. I lined up all of the card stock and looked at it for about a week, in the different lights of the day before I picked the card stock, on the right, closest to the calendar. I have "Chiffon" walls in the workshop with "Lily Pad" accents. Gotta love Bazzil for their wonderful colors.


Here are my Chiffon walls and my amazing red floor (that damn near killed me) just look at that shine! Notice all of the plug ins and all of the pot lights on the ceiling. It looks pretty bare, right now, but this morning all of the pine cabinets were brought over and set into place. They are not attached to the walls or have their counter tops on yet, but that will happen now that it rained again and the guys can not hay.
This is my Mom getting my green door into position for the card stock room. Dad is behind her putting on the hinges. Now I am on the hunt for an antique glass hardware for the green door. I have been surfing the net looking for one, but I have not found the "perfect" door knob yet. But, believe me, I will! I can't wait to see what is going to happen in the next few days when the moldings, baseboard and the cabinets are finished. Want to come and scrapbook with me???

2 comments:

Shannon Tompkins said...

Looks awesome! I can't wait to come visit ... better yet .... when do I get to scrap there!

Kimberly said...

yes... I will come scrapbook with you. Hell, I might even move in? Mike would be cool with that... non?