Friday, March 12, 2010

Another BBQ????


When Amy submitted this layout, called "The Sweet Taste Of Summer" I could not wait for all of the supplies to come in so that I could make one up of all of the fantastic camping food that we enjoy during the summer, that we never eat the rest of the year. I have some amazing BBQ recipes that we enjoy out at the lake, when we go Scrampin' (scrapbook camping) and on our veranda. I fully intended on photographing the recipes and doing the layout on the food.
Now I am afraid that I am going to have to have a different plan, because guess what? My husband came home with yet another BBQ this week!!!!! That makes a grand total of four BBQ's. The one that we bought last summer has hardly been used, except for the family reunion and the designer's BBQ at the workshop. The stainless steel one that we bought the summer before that, is GLISTENING clean after only about three uses. Then there is the other stainless steel one, with big burners for boiling water in pots for corn and such. The previous summer's model that obviously failed some sort of guy test.
So, now we have a smoker/BBQ that is gynormous and has a big black smoke stack and burns wooden pellets. We also have about three different bags of flavored pellets that came along with it. I have to ask, how many BBQ's does a man need? The jury is out on that one...

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

The layout has room for five pictures, so I guess you need one more BBQ! :)

Artytart said...

Its a genetic thing Cindy....guys and BBQ's.
However, we did buy a smoker (albeit that ours ended up being faulty and had to go back) and sat through a demo on them and taste test....OMG the meat was so TOTALLY awesome. Definately worth the investment and if nothing else....it means that they do the cooking and you just have to do the salad...THAT works for me..lol.
Colleen