Thursday, March 18, 2010

This Is What Shipping Day Looks Like


This is the typical last day of shipping - stuff all over the place, piles and piles and piles. Yesterday was a bad, bad shipping day. Actually, I phoned Christy and quit. But she wouldn't let me, so I took a break, calmed down and went back to work. Everything was going wrong, we found last minute mistakes in two kits and had to pull them all out of orders that we had finished (even had to open a few boxes that were destined for Canada Post) and fix the problems. I hope we got it all right!!
On the plus side, having all of the room in the new workshop is a real blessing, as we are not tripping over each other trying to work. In the end, hopefully, it all worked out, even though we are a little behind schedule at this point. We tripled checked everything this morning, after we had a good night's sleep and now it is out of our hands. In a few hours, all of this will be gone and on the way to a lot of scrapbookers. I always wonder if after we send out our baby kits, if the languish in some one's craft room, or if they are attacked as soon as they arrive and get turned into a fabulous scrapbook layout. This could be a new topic for Kimberly's Monday Night Class blog - are you a consumer or a hoarder? I used to be a consumer - I bought a lot of scrapbook products, but in all honesty, I used a lot of product, as I used to complete about 10 albums a year. Now I am a hoarder. I don't have time to pull it out nearly as often as I used to. But summer is coming and it is almost time for Scramping!!!

4 comments:

Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Artytart said...

One of these days, l swear, l am going to come down and help so that you can sit and have a well deserved coffee during shipping. Really, l will sometime.
l dont know what everyone else does, but when l have gotten a kit, l open it immediately and start work...its like opening a present. Hope the rest of the week goes better for you. Colleen

Shannon Tompkins said...

Good for Colleen but I'm more a hoarder ask me about my unfinished calendars and my current empty March space! I'm glad it is done for another month. I find it funny you call it scramping as in scrap and camp and I can call it scramping for scrap and stamp! My blog name was Live, Love, Laugh and Stamp and now that I have converted to scrapbooking more than I stamp I crossed it off to read SCRAMP! Have a great weekend, perhaps you can scrap?

Kimberly said...

Yikes!!!!
I am also glad you didn't get to quit. You are our glue.