Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Catching Up At Home

Sooooo, being gone for a week definitely has its ups and downs! What a lot of work I came back to! Dead plants, 159 emails, dust every where, unmade beds (from Megan and her friends house sitting) no dog food (did not find out until we were home and so I had to go back to town) , no food left, but plenty of beer and wine in the fridge (courtesy of Megan) and no scrapbook fairy had come and prepped kits!!

It has taken pretty much all of these past two weeks to feel like I was on top of things again. Debbie, Andrea and I tied into the kits and we are almost ready to ship! The email box is EMPTY!!! I am finally caught up, and I even cooked supper last night instead of having cereal for the third night in a row. I am surprised that Mike just doesn't move out!! He eats in town so much around shipping week that I think we own a table at our favorite restaurant!

I wish that I would have had my camera with me today! Mike called me about 11:00am and told me that Rona had called and the freight guy had dropped off a "huge" pile of stuff and they were wondering if I was coming in today. That should have been my first clue - why would a lumber yard (big, big, lumber yard) be concerned about my scrapbooking freight. But I went in any way, because I don't want to make the staff deal with my mess. Well, I can see why they were alarmed. It was a WHOLE PALLET FULL!!! I am talking, move it with a fork lift type pallet. It seems like both suppliers decided to send the Monday Night Class freight on the same day. Holy shit - I don't even want to look at the invoices. I am pretty sure that we could have bought a truck cheaper.

There is so much, I don't even have any where to put it until we are done shipping next week. We loaded it all in the back of mike's truck and I parked in the garage when I got home. My car is full, Mike's new truck is FULL, and our farm truck with the topper is full. At this rate, MNC is going to have to buy another storage vehicle or a cargo trailer. Can't get the covered cargo trailer - Mike would want to take it to Vegas to the Barrett-Jackson sale!!!! Forget I said that!

2 comments:

Shannon Tompkins said...

That sounds like a lot of great goodies but I can just image all the boxes ...... hope it all falls into place!

Kimberly said...

oooohhhh I am excited!!