Saturday, April 10, 2010

I Love Being A Country Girl!

Okay, I am glad to admit that city life is not all that it is cracked up to be. I thought living in Lethbridge for a week would be fun, but it was EXPENSIVE and I can not believe that I am saying this - I got tired of shopping. ME!!!!! After seven days of shopping, I was through with it for a while. My purchases almost did not fit in the truck. My credit card was groaning after two days, and so I robbed Mike's wallet and went through all of his money too! Luckily, I have a VERY understanding husband!!
Of all my purchases, my favorite thing was the placemats and table runner that I scored at Pier 1. Marked down from $11.95 per placemat to $1.48. Gotta love that!!!! Mike just rolled his eyes when I brought them back, all excited and such. He knows that they probably never will be used, but they will look really pretty sitting on my oak dining room table. I have pillows with pillowcases that he is not allowed to use, bath towels that just hang and look pretty and now these beautiful velvet placemats that will never see a crumb. Guys just don't get it!! I guess that is why every good shirt that I have ever bought him has a barbed wire tear or a grease stain . Would he ever think of changing out of his good clothes to put on something that he could fix the baler with. Guys!! Another thing that they don't get is the concept of summer and winter clothes. They just have clothes. Period. The whole idea of light versus dark clothes are lost on them!
My most favorite meal of the week was at Fire Stone and included the Al Forno Mussels and the mini doughnuts. My least favorite thing was Mike watching the Barret-Jackson auto sale on TV for three solid days because now he wants to go to Vegas in September and buy his hot rod.
I bought so many cool kitchen gadgets and tools that all I want to do is bake for a week now, however, it is prepping week next week and then shipping, so my big expensive baking book (the most I have ever paid for a book, don't tell Mike) is going to have to wait until the end of the month! Something to look forward to!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I LOVe watching Barrett- Jackson! I was hoping to take Grant to Vegas for it last year, but we were still harvesting!
Maybe Mike and I can go in September! One way tickets, and we can each drive our new car home!