Thursday, April 1, 2010

I Love Being A City Girl!!!

Today is my third day of being a city dweller, as Mike and I are staying in Lethbridge while he undergoes four treatments at the Haig Medical Clinic. Today, I also underwent tests to see why my vision has changed dramatically in the past month or so.
So far, we have driven out to Green Tree Garden Centre, where I bought some herb plants for my windowsill and for Mojiotos (not sure if I spelt that right), shopped around Pier 1 and Winners, by myself, with all of the time in the world and went out for MANY great meals!!! My favourite find, so far, is the mini doughnuts from Firestone Restaurant. YUMMMM!
I still have lots of things on my list that I want to do - tomorrow I am going to go and buy a coffee in Starbucks and sit and read a book from the Chapters portion of the building. I have always thought that would be so cool. Nothing but time on my hands and a good food magazine - heaven!!! (That is, if my eyes are co-operating!) In the evening, I am planning on going to the movies, the Bounty Hunter is my pick. Then I am going to order the mini doughnuts from room service and read another magazine or two.
Saturday, I am going shopping again -probably will have to buy a new pair of jeans, as I am eating a lot on this trip. I am going to lounge my way through a couple of kitchen stores that I spotted down town and spend the rest of the day enjoying high speed Internet in the motel. God, do I love the Internet!!! I just spent two hours on the Martha Stewart website this afternoon, don't tell my optometrist, I was supposed to rest my eyes this afternoon. Shush! Don't tell!!! You have to realize that is a BIG deal to me, as I do not have, and can not get high speed at my house because of the mountains. Sunday is going to be more shopping and food related activities. Today, I googled "food vacations" and found out that I can take week long cooking classes in Nova Scotia this summer. High speed could get me into a lot of trouble! Monday is Mike's last session before we go home, although we have to come back Thursday again for our respective results. Then I will officially a farm girl again and all of this fun will come to an end. I am seriously thinking that I am going to have to go home and perfect that mini doughnut recipe!!!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I have heard a lot of good things about Firestone.....
Have fun. And have a Grande Nonfat, no water extra foam chai latte at *bucks... and think of me!

Artytart said...

Well, if you have to be in the big smoke for all this medical stuff..then you may as well enjoy everything that you can about it. Despite the purpose of the trip, you do sound good and like you are having fun...and THAT is something you need, so enjoy. Colleen